International Students who are academically good and have achieved academic excellence in high school or its equivalence, are eligible to apply for this international Excellence scholarship offered at Laurent University Canada. This award is a way of helping students afford their tuition in Canada. The scholarship is offered to students who have applied for an undergraduate, Master’s course, or are currently studying in the school.
The scholarship offers students half their tuition worth $60,000, students can provide the other half through their parents or guardian, obtain a job, or through a student loan. The schools in Canada are not the cheapest but they are affordable compared to schools in the U.S. and the U.K.
Eligible Fields for this scholarship include: Advertisements, Science, Communication Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Environment, Visual Science, Health, Humanities, Music taught at Laurentian University. The deadline for the scholarship is Open.
Laurentian University will provide an award amount in the following manner:
- Students securing an average of 90% to 100% will be receiving up to $60,000 in Awards. Award money of $15,000 shall be provided the first year. Students will have to maintain their average to continue receiving the awards.
- Students securing an average of 80% to 89.9% will be receiving up to $40,000 in Awards. Award money of $10,000 shall be provided the first year. Students will have to maintain their average to continue receiving the awards.
- Masters students are eligible for $600 and Ph.D. students, $1,200. Travel funds are for the duration of the student’s program and do not renew annually.
International students are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the applicants must have high school certificates with an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must be registered in a 100% course load in two semesters (fall/winter).
- First-time seeking undergraduate enrollments.
- Candidates must pay international fees to Laurentian University.
- The studentships are limited to students studying in open enrolment undergraduate programs only.
In order to apply for the award, applicants must need to take admission in an undergraduate degree program at the university. After being enrolled, applicants should complete the online application form for this opportunity.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
Admission Requirements: In order to apply, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
Language Requirement: If English is not your first language or mother tongue, you should provide evidence of your English language proficiency through one of the entry requirements or language tests.
How to Apply
Interested student are advised to apply directly through the schools official website, this would help reduce scholarship scam and fraud. To apply for this scholarship, you can click the link below to visit the scholarship page and get more information about this scholarship
The scholarship is open each year, students have all the opportunity to apply.