The University of Calgary is giving applicants the opportunity to expand their career in the right direction through its A.W.R. Carrothers Memorial Bursary in Law for the academic year 2021-2022.
There is one award available to an international student who wants to enroll in the Juris Doctor program at the university.
The University of Calgary is a community of exceptional students who come from all over the world to learn and grow. Established in 1966, it is a research-intensive university among the world’s next generation of elite institutions.
In 2013, the QS World University Rankings identified the University of Calgary as:
- The #1 university in Canada under the age of 50
- One of the top 20 young universities internationally
The university is recognized worldwide for its research breakthroughs in several areas, including Energy and the environment, Medical sciences, Neuroscience, Kinesiology, Geomatics engineering, Computer science.
An education at the University of Calgary means studying in an outstanding academic environment with highly acclaimed professors and researchers. Learn from experts, peers, and hands-on experience as you explore your potential and prepare for your future.
Why choose to study at the University of Calgary? As one of Canada’s leading research universities, they are home to a number of world-class facilities. Here, students will have access to expert researchers and faculty, innovative technology, state-of-the-art laboratories, and exceptional learning and teaching resources.
Brief Description of the A.W.R. Carrothers Memorial International Bursary in Law at the University of Calgary
Host Organization: University of Calgary
Scholarship Location: Canada
Worth of Scholarship: Up to $1500
Nationality: All Nationalities
Course Level: Juris Doctor
Scholarship Deadline: May 1st
Eligibility Criteria of the A.W.R. Carrothers Memorial International Bursary in Law at the University of Calgary
- Qualified Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Juris Doctor degree in law.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The grant is offered annually to a student entering the first year in the Faculty of Law, JD program
- Academic merit
- Financial need.
Method of Application for the A.W.R. Carrothers Memorial International Bursary in Law at the University of Calgary
- Method of Application: to being enlisted in the program, aspirants have to enroll in the Juris Doctor degree program at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a previous degree certificate with excellent results.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English, you will have to fulfill the language
- proficiency requirement by presenting one of the following:
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) examination
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL)
- International English Language Test System
- Pearson Test of English (Academic)
Worth of the A.W.R. Carrothers Memorial International Bursary in Law at the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary will provide the award amount of up to $1500 for students to cover their study expenses in Canada.
For more information and how to apply