The Karen McKellin International Leader, the and need/merit-based award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is in proportion to your financial need. Financial need is gotten by summing the total tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make annually. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
UBC’s International Scholars have the potential to make a difference in the world. They are high academic achievers, they have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, and they are dedicated to giving back to their communities.
Brief Description of the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
Host Organization: The University of British Columbia in Canada
Course Level: Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
Scholarship Location: Canada
Worth of Award: Check Below
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Eligible Countries: International students
Application Deadline: 5 Jan 2022 (annual)
Worth of Awards/inclusions/duration
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is in proportion to your financial need. Financial need is determined by summing the total tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa). s
- To be eligible for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Method of Application
Applications are currently closed.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 5 January 2022. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website